Monday 20 November 2006

If That's Not Enough...

Went to the docs today. Turns out that on top of the highly strung emotional bi-polar thing I have going on at the moment, I also have a bloody sinus infection. Joy. Just thinking about pressing under my left eye makes me cringe with pain.

I've been pretty lucky though. This is the first sinus infection I have had since I left work. This tells me that work is most definitely bad for your health. You go to work healthy, share an office with 50 odd other people, they get sick, the nasty bugs travel around via the air con, and then you get sick.

They give you 8 sick days per year. Considering the workplace is a cesspool of bacteria and other stuff, it should be unlimited sick leave.

I know for a fact that I wasn't the only one who used up annual leave when sick because all my sick days had long been used up.

Couldn't tell you where I got this infection from considering I haven't really left the house in the past week. But seeing as my immune system is crap, anyone who is sick only has to look in my general direction and I catch something.

I also asked the doc about the out of character mood swings and he said that it was all normal and would get better as my body gets used to the fact it isn't getting Aropax any more.

People... if you are depressed and your doc wants to put you on Aropax - DON'T DO IT. The drug is amazing and it works well but it is the hardest antidepressant to come off of. Apparently has the highest rate of suicide during the withdrawal period out of all the antidepressants.

They are EVIL! EVIL I tells ya!

No comments: